You are here
ABC's of MDOW
Inclement Weather/Snow Policy
- If Baltimore County Schools are 1 hr. late, MDOW opens at 10:00 AM.
- If Baltimore County Schools are 2 hrs. late, MDOW opens at 10:00 AM.
- If Baltimore County Schools are closed, MDOW is closed.
- If schools close early, please pick your child up as soon as possible.
A small group created to nurture and ease the transition from home to school. Learning how to be part of a group, language development and art activities are part of the everyday experience in the Smiley Class.
A mix of older 2 year olds and young 3 year olds; or a mix of older 3 year olds and young 4 year olds. These classes encourage social growth and follow an enriching academic curriculum.
For children who will be entering kindergarten the following year. This program is designed to encourage social and emotional growth along with an enriching academic curriculum. The curriculum includes phonics, reading readiness, math readiness, science activities, fine motor development for writing success and many child-tested fun activities.
Classroom Sessions Offered
Pre-school Sessions, ages 2-5
Morning 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Afternoon 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Full day 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Mon, Wed, Fri 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Mon, Wed, Fri 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Tues 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM & Thurs 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Before school care 8:00 AM-9:00 AM
MDOW DIscovery 3:30 PM -5:30 PM
Federal Tax ID # 52-1930491
How to Register
- Call to schedule a school tour and meet our staff, 410-465-3777.
- Complete the registration form (go to registration page this website) requesting the specific days and times you wish your child to attend. You may register at any time for the current year. Registration for the upcoming summer and school year begins in February for new families. Registration is on a first come first serve basis. If MDOW cannot guarantee classroom space, your child can be placed on our waiting list.
- Pay registration fee, only for children guaranteed a classroom space.
- Complete and return all registration forms including emergency card, health inventory and immunization records.
- Children must be 2 years of age to attend MDOW. Children under the age of 2 cannot hold a classroom space until their second birthday unless they agree to pay tuition for the space. If you choose to not pay the tuition your child will go on the waiting list. The waiting list is in order of registration date.
The philosophy at Mother’s Day Out of Westchester, Inc. (MDOW), is that children learn best through play. Our curriculum is designed to teach through literature, art and music. We provide many opportunities for creative expression, dramatic play, social growth, science exploration, language development, reading readiness and math development.
The MDOW calendar is divided into two sessions: The School Session and Summer Session. The School Session begins in September and continues through the end of May. Students can begin at any time during the session. The Summer Session has two options, 10 weeks or 12 weeks. Both begin in June.
Currently, MDOW has 14 senior staff teachers. All teachers meet or exceed the college requirements mandated by the state of Maryland and are experienced in preschool education. The teachers are certified in First Aid and Infant/Child CPR. Each teacher is required to take annual continuing education classes. Many have obtained the Maryland Credential.
Tuition and Fees
Annual Registration Fee
- $70 one child
- $110 per family
- $20 Summer only
Before Care Fee - $8/day
MDOW Discovery Fee - $15/day
School Year Tuition Information
School Session (September - May) Tuition
The first month tuition payment is due in July. The second payment is due in September and paid the first week of every month.
Tuition is paid monthly according to the table below. To determine your monthly payment, count the number of sessions your child is registered to attend on a weekly basis. One session is equal to one morning 9:00-12:00 session or one afternoon 12:30-3:30 session. If your child attends Mon & Wed morning - that is 2 sessions/week. If your child attends all day, 9-3:30, that is 2 sessions.
Extra Sessions - $21.00/session– paid on the day child attends.
Payment is due the first week of the month. Late tuition will be assesed a 10% fee. Please make checks payable to MDOW and place check into the tuition envelope located in the classrooms. All cash payments must be made to a staff person.
If your child is absent or if school closes due to inclement weather the tuition payment remains same. The tuition amount has already been adjusted for holiday closings.
|monthly payment||sibling payment|
|1session/week||$ 74.00||$ 66.00|
|2 sessions/week||$ 148.00||$ 132.00|
|3 sessions/week||$ 222.00||$ 198.00|
|4 sessions/week||$ 296.00||$ 264.00|
|5 sessions/week||$ 370.00||$ 330.00|
|6 sessions/week||$ 444.00||$ 396.00|
|7 sessions/week||$ 518.00||$ 462.00|
|8 sessions/week||$ 592.00||$ 528.00|
|9 sessions/week||$ 666.00||$ 594.00|
|10 sessions/week||$ 740.00||$ 660.00|